New member from central Florida

Lou

just a post to introduce myself to the forum. I always had an interest in woodworking since my childhood and now that I am retired I finaly have the time to learn and practice the art of working with wood. I have not had any formal instruction since school shop class many moons ago, but i have read many books, watched many videos and participated on other forums. I have made a few simple pieces of furniture such as , a nine drawer dresser, a couple of  different nite stands a queen bed. While at my vacation reetreat in the mountains of NC I was able to complete a number of rustic furniture pieces. I really enjoy wood turning which I need to spend more time doing.

I feel it is very important that we keep the interest in woodworking going especially in our young people. In this day of automated machinery and the importing of products from other countries, the art of woodworking in the USA will be lost.

Thanks for lisening and I am hoping to find others in my area to meet with and exchange ideas and learn from.