Getting started in San Diego!

Ecfan73

Hi everyone. I've been glued to The Wood Whisperer and reading an amazing amount of great information that have inspired me to get started in woodworking. I'm a complete novice, aside from a few house projects like installing a laminate floor, minor fixes and such. I'm ready to learn as much as I can to create useful, cool things and challenge my mind to stay busy. I have two major questions. I have a hitachi mitre saw that probably just needs a new blade and a craftsman circ saw. I'm considering beginning my essential tool buys with table saw a Bosch 4100 as space in my garage is limited, a Bosch colt palm router, and random clamps and stand accessories like jawstand. I want to make the FWW workshop table by Asa Christiansen my first project. Will this combo of tools do, or any better recommendations?

Also, I've been watching a lot of safety videos as well to make sure I'm using the equipment properly. To be honest, it really makes me nervous any suggestions to get past those worries? I think I just need to approach tools with respect and patience and hopefully get past that. Sure could use some advice. Thanks to everyone for reading my first post!

Hi Ecfan,

Welcome to the forum. Not familiar with the Asa Christiansen but the tools you have sound ok. If you reach a point where the tools you have become a problem make that the time you review a purchase. Trying to predict what you need can become a very expensive pastime. Keep us posted on progress.