Online wood dealers based in (or shipping to) Canada?

rgdaniel

Hi folks - There seems to be several decent choices for ordering wood online if you live in the US. Frequently they offer free delivery, but limited to the lower 48.

I live in Ontario, Canada, though, and the cost of shipping a decent sized order of wood to Canada is scary to consider -- although I've not been able to pin it down exactly, I fear the unknown on this one... :)

There is a not-bad place about 45 min. away for basic stuff like maple, but if I want exotics, or if I want a better quality board, I have to drive about 3-4 hours. And the prices are pretty high compared to what I see on the US sites...

So I'm wondering if any Canadian folks here, esp. Ontarians, have any experience with ordering from web-based wood dealers based in Canada? Or alternately, ordering from US web-based dealers and shipping to Canada?

Thanks, cheers.

Bob.

I also live in Ontario (Cambridge) and I'm very fortunate to live close to a number of hardwood dealers. There are a couple larger ones that do ship lumber on a regular basis. I've had family in New Brunswick order from some of these places without any problem.

A&M Wood is just down the street from me, and I do know they ship globally, Click Here.

Another option is Exotic Woods in Burlington, Click Here.

Both of these places are on the pricey side for some of their material, but they do have almost everything.

I also live in Ontario (Cambridge) and I'm very fortunate to live close to a number of hardwood dealers. There are a couple larger ones that do ship lumber on a regular basis. I've had family in New Brunswick order from some of these places without any problem.

A&M Wood is just down the street from me, and I do know they ship globally, Click Here.

Another option is Exotic Woods in Burlington, Click Here.

Both of these places are on the pricey side for some of their material, but they do have almost everything.

Thanks a lot! Yes, I've dealt with both of those stores, and they are fine folks who have treated me right. No complaints.

I just wondered if I was missing out on any other options... the shipping is pricey, on top of the already high prices we pay here in Ontario...

Nice to have A&M "just down the street" - I'd be in there once a week... :)

Thanks again...

Hey Bob

I grew up in Markdale where my parents still live. I'm now in Ottawa. One of the local places to me is KJP http://www.kjpselecthardwoods.com/ and I believe they ship.

Ken.

Hi folks - There seems to be several decent choices for ordering wood online if you live in the US. Frequently they offer free delivery, but limited to the lower 48.

I live in Ontario, Canada, though, and the cost of shipping a decent sized order of wood to Canada is scary to consider -- although I've not been able to pin it down exactly, I fear the unknown on this one... :)

There is a not-bad place about 45 min. away for basic stuff like maple, but if I want exotics, or if I want a better quality board, I have to drive about 3-4 hours. And the prices are pretty high compared to what I see on the US sites...

So I'm wondering if any Canadian folks here, esp. Ontarians, have any experience with ordering from web-based wood dealers based in Canada? Or alternately, ordering from US web-based dealers and shipping to Canada?

Thanks, cheers.

Bob.