"Thee" Project

went_postal

Nice! It just fits.

LOL. Yep. It was a squeaker. I mis-measured the height when I put the ledge board in to let us rest the cabinet on. It was MAYBE a 1/32 diff. Oops. :D

Wife is happy. Now she wants some in the master bath. Um..... No. I know for a fact that the wall she wants it on is where the main power trunk in the house is. I was happy I didn't hit any water or power this time.

• 3 weeks later...

I can't find it if you say... but is that plywood poplar as well? Or birch. I really dig the way it turned out. Looks great.

also... veneer core or mdf core?

It is veneer "import" grade birch. Basically the same amount if layers as cabinet grade but one face is just not as good as the other.

I had thought of MDF but due to the room it is in decided against because of moisture/humidity.

This is stained poplar:

IMG_1895.jpg

But I used Gel Stain on that one.

That's some major talent you've got there.. That's a nice table...

And don't pocket hole jigs/kreg makes things so much easier.

And it looks professional too. That's the kind of stuff makes me want to use my kreg kit. That makes me want to get out in my shop and do some work, if you know what I mean..

And did you draw up the spec's on scetchup for the cabinet?

:):):)

YAY!!! done

b9c62ae4.jpg

Great Job. Reading through this site makes me more and more motivated to get more deeply involved in this addiction... errr... I mean hobby.

Figured since I keep asking various questions I should show you what is what.

Wife wanted/wants a cabinet in the laundry room that has a weird ceiling due to being under the stairs. Mock up in sketchup with actual dimensions and in place:

laundry2.jpg

Also, your wife is hot. :-)

That's some major talent you've got there.. That's a nice table...

And don't pocket hole jigs/kreg makes things so much easier.

And it looks professional too. That's the kind of stuff makes me want to use my kreg kit. That makes me want to get out in my shop and do some work, if you know what I mean..

And did you draw up the spec's on scetchup for the cabinet?

:):):)

I do have the cabinet in sketch-up... but it's not the same as what was built. :D

Sketchup is great for figuring stuff out but while building I found some things that just weren't playing out like they did on the computer.

Sssshhh... don't tell my wife about the girl in the computer. :D

Ha ha, while it isn't a topic that could be discussed here, "girl in the computer" has actually driven more technological advancements in streaming networking than anything else. Coincidentally in the high-def video field as well. Not sure the relation there, though :P

Ha ha, while it isn't a topic that could be discussed here, "girl in the computer" has actually driven more technological advancements in streaming networking than anything else. Coincidentally in the high-def video field as well. Not sure the relation there, though :P

Considering my line of work is the technology field... I work for a company that helps make streaming vids possible. So... That makes it related to this project. Couldn't buy my wood if I didn't have this job. :)