BOND “JANE” BOND...... Jewelry Box

lildesertwoodshop

I thought this would be a good piece for a project journal post, as in itself is neat but as well could be adapted for other uses aside from the Jewelry box Im building.      

So Pinterest, has been good to me lately. This project is the third I have done from someone that saw an item there and wants it custom built for them. The basic Idea for this one that Jane 008 has wanted is a wall Hanging Jewelry Box, A simple box with a mirrored Front door, opening to access jewelry. Her design input was only that she wanted it darker in color. 

So some pondering and I decided to kick this thing up a few notches. Heres the plan , for now as these always evolve along the way for me as stages get completed. The outer shel is going to be Walnut ( Veneer ) and instead of the Mirrored Front door this will be Walnut Burl (Veneer as well). The Mirror now will be mounted on hinges inside the shell and after opening the front door swing completely open to opposite side the front door swings open. The interior is a box build out of 1/4” African Mahogany, as well the interior side of the front door will be Mahogany. Hooks , shelfs and such will be in place inside this box to hang , place / store The jewelry. Ok so heres where the “JANE bond feature comes in. The Interior Mahogany Box will be mounted On a set of Drawer rails and when a secret hidden latch is released ( simple home door mechanism ) the Mahogany box will slide down reveling a Hidden section of the box , for stashing the “Real” jewelry or whatever one wants , PPK, Decoder ring, Rope cutting wrist watch, Ballpoint Pen poison dart gun .....  

CJ-Box1_zpsa36f3dbc.jpg

CJ-Box2_zpsc8a8ffb0.jpg

CJ-Box3_zpse9f482d6.jpg

CJ-Box4_zps62c1fd51.jpg

CJ-Box5_zpsc10da8bd.jpg

CJ-Box6_zps54d8947b.jpg

CJ-Box7_zpsb1a74087.jpg

CJ-Box8_zpsaa5afce2.jpg

CJ-Box9_zps4fcd7a91.jpg

CJ-Box10_zps98a45933.jpg

• 1 month later...

Ok so as I have been a bit busy in the past weeks I have neglected journal input and pics along the way of the build so sorry bout that. Anyway The Bond , Jane Bond Jewelry box is complete aside from hanging on the wall. The end result was on track with the initial design, Some Notes*  One main Concept was to have the slide out section open easily and quickly for fast access to a household Protection Gun. With this the Latch release is the Middle top hook, turning it 1/4” . Also a concern was that if a person were to open the Box grab items off the shells and such they would not wiggle and feel solid with the box. Proper alignment with the rails and latch worked perfectly. All these had Fine tuning elements built in to make this happen. The Cheesy Flip up mirror is a temporary item that un screws and will be removed with the Yet to be Determined Dresser and Mirror unit to be placed next to the box. So Noted By Steve ( Thanx Steve), relieving the latch and avoiding the section to plummet open was solved by having the hook release spring loaded and as well the engaging part of the mechanism contact the shelves in the secret compartment . What this means is that you must have your hand in the box holding the hook in the open position to clear all shelfs in the back , if you let go it will only fall a few inches or distance to the next shelf. The client ordered jewelry store display trays to sit on the shelves. Ill post a pic after delivery and installation.

jb1_zpscea9ff42.jpg

jb2_zpsa9332007.jpg

jb3_zps60c669ef.jpg

jb4_zps1dcc591c.jpg

jb5_zpsac6e5cf5.jpg

jb6_zps4158c4ee.jpg