Shane Hibberts

Crash

Hello everyone. My name is Shane Hibberts (crash) for short. Ask me sometime and I'll explain the nickname. I've been around wookworking all my life. I started out as a carpenter as a kid with my dad. I went into the army straight out of high shool and I am a Desert Storm Veteran. I started my own construction business which led into doing mainly artistic tile and hardwood installations. I had that business from 1993 till 2008. I worked parttime as a bonding agent for bond james bond inc. from 2003 till present. I took a management job when i shut down my business in 2007 due to the falling economy. I got disharted with working with tools after i shut down my business and within the past year financially have been on the verge of losing everything. I have a small farm in Adairsville Ga that i inherited back when i came out of the military in 1993. Because of the financial burdens I went back to my roots and have started building a wood working business in the evenings. I build jsut about anything that someone ask me to and mainly build chest of all sizes, boxes of all sizes and craft items that i sell at flea markets and craft shows. I rout wooden signs at the fleamarkets and shows. I also have displays in stores for the signs and my furniture/ craft items. I dont have a fancy workplace like most people. I sold almost all my tools when i went out of business in 07 so with the limitations of money I've started with the basics.

My tools consist of mainly Ryobi and I have a few makita items still. There not your top quality brands but I have found if you take care of them and keep them calibrated to the best fo there functioning they work fine. I do have a jet lathe. My tables and benches i have built my self. My shop is in a car shed that i inherited witht he farm that my grand dad built back in 1959. So its well ventilated needlless to say. This is where I do all my cutting and assembly. My assembly usually takes place on a table outside the car shed when the weather ie (rain, sleet, snow, lightning) permits. My finishing takes place in a shed on other side of my house and that is usually done on a table out side the building and i just store the items in side to dry.

Im not disappointed at all of my circumstances it has actually helped me get a desire back for woorking with wood and power tools again just in a different area than what i done for so many years. The more furniture and odds and ends that I build and especially signs that I make The more I want to learn. My hobbies other than woodworking are R/C planes I design and fly my own planes.(crashxss.com) but that website will be off the internet by the 17th of this month Im shutting it down. I want to focus more on woodworking than flying planes. and I love to hunt and fish.

Thumbs up to marc for his dedication to his website and blog. It has already helped me and marc has been very quick to respond to emails I have sent him. Thanks man.

I am also a Independant Baptist Preacher. Dont worry I want discuss religion or beliefs with you unless you ask me to. I have a bachelors degree in theology(just a piece of paper). I lead the choir and singing at my church and teach sunday school. I also run the sound booth. I am always there when the door opens make no mistake about it.

As far as what I want to learn you never learn everything there is to know about how to do something so I'm a learning fanatic. You can learn something new from everyone because we all have our different ways of doing things and theres always someone out there more knowledged than we are individually.

I will be posting pics of my current shop and updated pics or videos as I work on it to make it more suitable till finances change.