last carvewright project for me

lawrence

I understand that here and on several other forums my name and projects have sometimes been associated with the Carvewright machine.

I have very much enjoyed my machine but for several reasons this will be my final Carvewright project.

As always thank you for your support,
V/r
Lawrence

.... another journal for a teacher

P10205711024x768_zpsce72f7c8.jpg
P10205821024x768_zpsd096219d.jpg
P10205801024x768_zpsc0a42087.jpg
P10205771024x768_zps0f443fb9.jpg

I am not sure what you had posted previously, but if it brings you enjoyment, why stop?  I have enjoyed looking at the pieces you have created, and will miss them.

CNC as a woodworking medium is here to stay, and is just as valid as using any other woodworking tool, and I wouldn't let anyone else try to convince you otherwise.

• Like 2

I am not sure what you had posted previously, but if it brings you enjoyment, why stop?  I have enjoyed looking at the pieces you have created, and will miss them.

CNC as a woodworking medium is here to stay, and is just as valid as using any other woodworking tool, and I wouldn't let anyone else try to convince you otherwise.

Agreed!  Ignore the critics!

Lawrence, do you know to which machine you are going to go?

Are you up-grading to a more snazzy system?

Are you going to build your own?

I've heard of that being done.

What issues did you have with the Carvewright, or did it just break down and can't be repaired?

I'm not sure what machine/software I'm going to go to yet- I certainly have a lot of research to do.

The machine is just fine-not broken down.  I don't really want to get into the issues of why I am no longer going to be using my Carvewright other than saying that it is due to customer dissatisfaction.  I don't want this to become a thread either bashing a company or defending it.  I'm happy to answer questions about my experience (positives and negatives as there are certainly both) privately if you'd like to email or PM me, but really this was just a post to show off my last project and let y'all know that I wouldn't be posting any more carvewright stuff. 

V/r

Lawrence