Table Saw Miter Gauge

woodworks

Depending on what you need it for, you can build a sled for the cost of materials and it can be more accurate than a miter gauge. There are many sleds for different angles and purposes.

General purpose sled.

Crosscut and miter sled.

You can also lock in 45 degree fences for miters, but I don't have a link handy.

I am looking to upgrade my table saw miter gauge, looking at incra 1000HD but they are quite expensive, anyone have any suggestions?

I have the 1000SE and LOVE it. One of the best TS upgrades I ever got.

They seem to go on sale quite often from the various retailers. I can't recall who I got mine from but I think I got it for somewhere in the neighborhood of $120 with free shipping off of Amazon.

I have the Incra 1000SE and like it, too. Think there's a trend :) If you decide to get one of those Incra gauges, take a look at Woodpecker's clearance items. They are clearing out the sacrificial attachment for that gauge. While anybody can trivially attach MDF and have in the past, those cost $2 each and have a really nice non-slip grippy surface.

the V120 looks to be good too.

The V120 is on sale at Rockler for 50 bucks right now. I picked one up. Its pretty nice, I like it. Maybe a little overkill. Dunno when I will ever need a 61 deg. and a 38 deg cut in the same day but I guess its nice to know I could now if I wanted to. :P

Thumbs-up from me on the Kreg miter gauge as well. I had one, let it go with my old contractor saw when I upgraded and replaced it with the Incra gauge/sled. Could never get used to the Incra, it was just too different from how I was used to working so I've since replaced it with another Kreg and couldn't be happier.