Fixing quote errors

Tpt life

I can de-chatter quotes by editing. When I edit my own post, I find the in forum editor has removed what it finds to be extraneous hard returns. Find where the quote title ends and add a return to fix one place. If you want to add text after a quote, edit to add a hard return or two after the quote link closes to fix the other. Not a big deal but it satisfies my neurosis.

I’ve noticed this as well – think is must be a fairly new behavior – I don’t remember it from earlier in the year… Also, spellcheck is erratic – sometimes it’s on, sometimes off…

I’m using FF these days (switched from Chrome about four months ago), so that may be a contributing factor…

I've also had problems with formatting tags coming out as code rather than being rendered properly.  It has happened with quotes and links on about 4-5 different occasions.  Each time i was able to simply bring up the edit page and then save without making any changes and the post would go back to normal.  It's been occurring for about a week or so.  I use the latest version of Chrome on Windows.

Here's a post by Brendon that demonstrates the problem:  

Yes I experience that and simply editing the post (not making any changes) and just "saving changes" it works OK. This may also be related to the "Guests" behaviour that also started at the same time. I think the software must have been updated by IP Board and has a few minor bugs. It is not dependant upon browsers as it is the same on Firefox, Safari, Internet Explorer, Chrome and on platforms OSX, IOS, WIndy's (7 and 8.1), Suse Linux and Fedora Linux.

Marc are you aware of the problems that are being exhibited?

See my post  that shows the other problem

You can also see what I mean here post-3084-0-93690000-1417594292_thumb.jp