Forum glitches

TerryMcK

Yes the issue I initially reported has now gone. The issue with PMs has also seems to have been resolved. I suspect there was some DB maintenance still going on after the migration to the new platform and that finished.

The issue with Tapatalk can be resolved by exiting the app and removing it from memory. If you don't already know then on IOS double click the home button and all the apps currently in RAM will be displayed. Find tapatalk and swipe it upwards and it will be removed. You can also use Battery Doctor app to clean up RAM usage afterwards. Don't use it to "clean the disk" as it will remove some docs you may have downloaded like FWW issues using the FWW app causing you to have to download them again.

When you relaunch tapatalk it will work normally again.

I am thinking about ditching tapatalk since after its last "upgrade" it has become less user friendly.

I get a different issue.  Hasn't affected things, just a visual item.  When I submit a comment (or start a new thread... doesn't happen often), I show the reply as a Guest once it's attached to the thread.  Once I go back to the thread listing, it shows up that I was the last person to comment.  Haven't refreshed the page, as I'm not that egocentric to demand to see my smiling image when I post, but I thought I'd bring it up.

Do want to state that this issue has no effect on functionality.  I post from a laptop running Chrome.  (Too many issues with other systems/software/platforms.  Could be my Chrome settings; have had a lot of problems with those lately.)