Getting ready for Thankgsgiving ... no woodworking today

Bobby Slack

Hello fellow Normites and Neanderthals. I have to switch from the carpenters apron to the cleaning apron. My wife and I are getting our home ready for our guests this Thursday and all my machines will be unplugged today. :(

Being the anal guy I am, if I am going to clean ... then I will be the best cleaner.

See you guys tomorrow.

Finished ... done! Now I can get back to the shop.

I have been saving some of my shavings for starting my grill. Remember ... as an Argentinean ... I do NOT ... emphatically ... do not use Gas, only mesquite.

I also save a couple of paper bags of shavings for starting fires while camping and next weekend I will go out for an overnight trip somewhere in the Anza Borrego desert with my neighbors, a little four wheel driving, a little drinking (not while FWD) a little campfire singing.

Management (wife) laid down the law this afternoon. I am to do the following, in this order:

1. change all of the bed linens in the house (even if the bed has not been slept in)

2. lay out towels, etc. for each of the guest staying here at our home ( all guests of our sons and their wives )

3. clean the entire yard of all things not having roots, or being part of the fences, rake the leaves

4. make certain that every light fixture has working light bulbs

I am not, repeat NOT to work in the woodshop unless I disrobe in the basement so as to NOT bring any saw dust or wood shavings into the house.

I asked what the cleaning girl was going to do, and got "THE LOOK". So if you don't see any posts from me for a few days, Happy Thanksgiving from Old Trace.

Trace, I was laughing really hard and had to read your post to Management :D

Management (wife) laid down the law this afternoon. I am to do the following, in this order:

1. change all of the bed linens in the house (even if the bed has not been slept in)

2. lay out towels, etc. for each of the guest staying here at our home ( all guests of our sons and their wives )

3. clean the entire yard of all things not having roots, or being part of the fences, rake the leaves

4. make certain that every light fixture has working light bulbs

I am not, repeat NOT to work in the woodshop unless I disrobe in the basement so as to NOT bring any saw dust or wood shavings into the house.

I asked what the cleaning girl was going to do, and got "THE LOOK". So if you don't see any posts from me for a few days, Happy Thanksgiving from Old Trace.

Done!!!!!!!!! I went to the local RENT-A-DERILECT (rescue mission), announced that I had work for three people, paying $25.00 each for the work, no matter how long it took. I had the usual questions about what the work was. I had two guys that actually wanted to work for the day. I made a list of what I wanted done, pointed out where the stuff went, and told them that it had to be satisfactory to Managment. They did a remarkable job, in about three hours. I fed them at the local Burger Barf, an paid them each $37.50. Well worth the price as far as I am concerned. I got all of the rest of the list Management gave me done Sunday afternoon and this morning. Tomorrow I am going smallmouth fishing on the Greenbrier river, it will probably rain and be cold.