Saw Performace Package

yonygg

Hello,

I have an old Craftsman contractor TS that I'm renovating (if you remember it from older posts), and I was recommended to upgrade it with the In-Line Industries Saw Performance Package

(here: http://www.in-linein...mance_pack.html),

and before I go and place an order I want to hear what others have to say about it,

So if you have a comment about it, here's the place to speak it up.

Cheers!

Yonathan

perpac1_3.jpg

A link belt like that really helps with noise and vibration. Also compensates for the pulleys not being perfectly planar. No experience with that particular kit, but I put that exact same link belt on my PM64 and it was significantly nicer. I'm guessing that the machined pulleys would help even more if your pulleys are a problem.

Both of those items would be effective at curing a problem if the items they replaced were the cause. If you've got some vibration, and have checked all the usual suspects (belt, pulleys, arbor, bearings, etc), I'd probably replace the belt first, then only proceed with the pulleys if the problem remains. If you're replacing a perfectly functioning belt and perfect pulleys, then the chances of getting an improvement are diminished.