Need Help Finding Hardware for my Holiday Gifts

minorhero

Hello,

I am coming down to the wire on my holiday gifts for my office. For a while I thought I was going to be making something else but in the end I decided to make bookends because they were darn easy and I am going to need a lot of them (specifically I will need 22 of them). In order to dress it up a bit (so it doesn't look like 3 pieces of wood glued together), I thought I could add some hardware to the bookends in the form of decorative brackets (or other hardware if folks have suggestions?). I am having trouble finding a good source for such a thing so I'd really appreciate some help trying to find some in a hurry. My two qualifications are that they look nice and be fairly cheap. I want to keep my cost around 10 dollars or less per bookend.

Any thoughts?

Hello,

I am coming down to the wire on my holiday gifts for my office. For a while I thought I was going to be making something else but in the end I decided to make bookends because they were darn easy and I am going to need a lot of them (specifically I will need 22 of them). In order to dress it up a bit (so it doesn't look like 3 pieces of wood glued together), I thought I could add some hardware to the bookends in the form of decorative brackets (or other hardware if folks have suggestions?). I am having trouble finding a good source for such a thing so I'd really appreciate some help trying to find some in a hurry. My two qualifications are that they look nice and be fairly cheap. I want to keep my cost around 10 dollars or less per bookend.

Any thoughts?

Whitechapel? Nice, but cheap? Don't know

Lee Valley has quite a bit of hardware.

I looked at lee valley's website but did not see any decorative brackets, some decorative corners but no brackets.

I am calling it a bracket but it may be called a case clamp. Rockler sells something called a case clamp which is what I am looking for but way too simply a design.

At one of the first woodshows I attended, there was a router seminar where they made a pair of bookends using sliding dovetails only. The horizontal and vertical pieces are the same width and receive the female part and the brace gets the male part. It all slides together. They would be very easy to mass produce.