The big trestle table desk

andrew-in-austin

Looking good Andrew, very nice work. Can you elaborate on the issue you were having with referencing the domino? You mean you couldn't use the fence and had to just rest it flat on the face and hold it steady to the line?

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Tapatalk

shaneymack, yes had to rest the Domino flat.  Tiods, agreed.  I did eventually use a reference board to push against.  I also needed to clamp the leg assembly to my workbench to keep it stable.

wtnhighlander, the drawer widths have about 1mm difference.

Cliff, although I love the Domino, I am actually yearning to do some traditional joinery.  After this and last project primarily using power tools, I am wanting a bit more hand tool experience.  There's something rewarding about finessing parts with chisels and hand planes, and I need more of that.

Thanks for all the feedback!

I put another coat of ARS satin on the top and the stretcher.  I have to admit I am not that overly satisfied with how the finish looks on the top.  This is mostly due to my bad prep prior, but I also felt the General Finishes ARS Satin was way too shiny.  I knocked it down a little with 550 grit hand sanding.  Regardless, my wife thought it looked great, so I was not going to spend any more time on it.

I also managed to move the desk in to my wife's office.  I used two furniture dollies to move the top.  I still need to make the drawer fronts, so I have not installed the drawers.  I'll get some better pictures once the drawers are installed.IMG_0361.jpg

• Like 2