Safety first

JeffT

First the confession, I was getting ready to make a beveled cut on the edge of a 1/2" thick, tall panel. I titled the blade (left tilt) to 20 degrees, moved my standard 2 1/2" fence into position, but something just didn't feel right, of course I was forced to eremove the guard and splitter to get close enough. I started to make the cut and almost immediately the panel started binding, I stopped the machine and held on until the blade stopped. Fortunately no injuries, just a badly burned panel, but when I thought about the potential consequences I started shaking. The moral of my story is simple, go with your gut, if it don't feel right it probably isn't.

Having said that, does anyone have a good plan for a tall fence that will slide along my fence?

Your exactly right. I always have these funny feelings about hitting my thumb with a hammer just a split second before it happens. I also have a whole in my wall just behind the table saw where a piece of wood kicked back like a bullet past my face and through the wall. I leave the hole there as a reminder of what I was doing when it happened. It felt wrong too.

CaptFerd