battery powered circular saw?

bushwacked

I have This one from Dewalt. It works pretty good but I use it mostly for non furniture projects. It did come in very hand when I had to rip 8/4 poplar for my bench top. I ripped the first two boards with a hand saw and then said screw it and busted out the cordless cir saw. 

I also have a Dewalt sliding miter saw that uses the same battery. I did buy an extra two pack of batteries because they don't last that long. My main thought process with these two tools is that when I settle down in the next couple of years they will be relegated to non furniture tasks, like building sheds and putting up baseboards. My ridgid portable table saw will share the same fate.

I've never used one for furniture building, but I will say they are handy when you are doing some smaller tasks while remodeling.  I used a Dewalt 18v for cutting back some laminate flooring that was already installed when installing french doors, ripping some tapered 1x for below the door sill,  and for cutting a few 2x4's on the same project.  It's quieter, seems to throw less saw dust, and is very convenient when doing small random jobs.  I like my Makita worm drive if I'm doing a lot of cutting, but I feel the cordless saws do have a place.  Not sure I'd buy one with fine wood working in mind.  The Dewalt did eat batteries pretty quick.