Jointer Setup / Maintenance

alexd78

Hello,

I was lucky enough to get a new Grizzly 6" jointer (Model: H0452P) for Christmas, but as I was happily setting up the machine, I found what appears to be a crack on the bottom side of the outfeed table. At first I thought it was the paint, but when I looked further, I noticed that the crack reached around the bottom and up the other side of the table. The crack does not appear to have any easily noticeable effect on the table, but I'm afraid that the crack will only get worse with time until it becomes a structural issue that will have an adverse effect on the outfeed table's flatness.

Am I correct? Should I have the jointer replaced, or am I over reacting?

Thanks,

Alex

Thanks for the info guys. I've contacted Grizzly and you were right, they gave me the RMA and sent me packing instructions to ship the table assembly back to them so that they can replace it with a new one. I'll keep you posted. Again, thanks a bunch for your help!

post-3063-0-83365000-1293421754_thumb.jppost-3063-0-42883000-1293421763_thumb.jp

Edited by alexd78

Hello,

I was lucky enough to get a new Grizzly 6" jointer (Model: H0452P) for Christmas, but as I was happily setting up the machine, I found what appears to be a crack on the bottom side of the outfeed table. At first I thought it was the paint, but when I looked further, I noticed that the crack reached around the bottom and up the other side of the table. The crack does not appear to have any easily noticeable effect on the table, but I'm afraid that the crack will only get worse with time until it becomes a structural issue that will have an adverse effect on the outfeed table's flatness.

Am I correct? Should I have the jointer replaced, or am I over reacting?

Thanks,

Alex

post-3063-0-83365000-1293421754_thumb.jppost-3063-0-42883000-1293421763_thumb.jp

One of the best things about Grizzly is their customer service. I would definitely give them a call. They should take care of it with little issue.