Makita track saw?

bushwacked

6 minutes ago, JosephThomas said:

Do you have the dewalt router adapter? Is the problem that the dewalt adapter not connect to the festool router, or a festool acessory that won't work with the dewalt track?  

I had read online that the dewalt accessories like the router adapter was really really good, so I'm just curious. (It was a little tempting to get the dewalt track saw and guide at the time for this reason).

As far as I've read you can't adapt the dewalt adapter to the festool router or festool adapter to dewalt track. I have a dewalt router but the model I have sucks hardcore. 

On June 3, 2016 at 0:46 PM, bushwacked said:

I will look for the FWW article as well and read up on that.

Just got he latest (August) issue of FWW and it has an article rating 6 or 7 track saws and were as Festool gets one of the top ratings, the Makita gets the editors choice for best value

The TS75 gets the high rating with the Mafell. while the Makita ranks below them. Personally I have the Makita and have been very happy with it. Now that I've used it a lot, I'd like to re-compare against the TS55 and the TS75 and see how I feel about them.  But it has been extremely accurate and a real workhorse.  I do agree with the comments on the bevel scale.  One thing that swayed me to the Makita instead of the TS55 is the Makita is know to have more power. While I was ripping some 6/4 walnut down, I was happy to have the extra power.   It's amazing how easy a track saw makes some tasks. It would be hard for me to give it up now!