MAHOGANY PROJECTS? SUGGESTIONS?

Hey Everybody,

I have inherited some mahogany lumber from a relative. I have 2 - 1"x12"x8' and 3 or 4 2"x4"x8'. I'm not sure the origin but my wife's grandfather got it back in the 70's as payment for doing some work for a man here in Houston. I would like to make something for my mother-in-law and her siblings. I think it would mean a lot to them to have something from their fathers workshop. I am just starting my woodworking so I am looking for a fairly simple project I can do for each of them. I have a good router, porter cable dovetail jig (4210 series-only cuts half blinds and dados), a radial arm saw, skill saw, and a scroll saw(not working at the moment though). Thank you so much for looking and I appreciate any ideas!

Small nic nac boxes or jewelry boxes would be about the only things you can make multiples of for MIL and siblings if you make a bigger project its probably going to eat most if not all the lumber and not leave enough to make things for the siblings.

Marc wrote an article about making a nice Greene & Greene style mirror/picture frame that would look pretty spectacular in Mahogany. Most things look spectacular in Mahogany. Here's a link to the blog entry Marc wrote about it. He might still have some templates if you are interested so bug him; if not, maybe someone has a set they'll pass along to you. You might be able to dig up the article in back issues or, better, on the Internets.