Custom Shop Cabinets?

R Jones

I am curious if anyone has had or would have any interest in custom shop cabinets you could assemble and finish?

A typical scenario may go as follows:

1. You provide the materail

2. The shop provides the materail

3. Cabinet joinery is based on blind dado construction

4. Cabinet would need assembly, finish, drawers, possibly doors pending on design and edge banding

5. Cutting might run $25-$35 per sheet

I am just thinking out loud:)

Thanks,

Ron

For my shop I use screws for assembly or Dominos if I don't want to see them.

Are you offering a service or are you asking for somebody to build them for you?

May be I am not understanding what you want/need?

I am curious if anyone has had or would have any interest in custom shop cabinets you could assemble and finish?

A typical scenario may go as follows:

1. You provide the materail

2. The shop provides the materail

3. Cabinet joinery is based on blind dado construction

4. Cabinet would need assembly, finish, drawers, possibly doors pending on design and edge banding

5. Cutting might run $25-$35 per sheet

I am just thinking out loud:)

Thanks,

Ron

For my shop I use screws for assembly or Dominos if I don't want to see them.

Are you offering a service or are you asking for somebody to build them for you?

May be I am not understanding what you want/need?

In looking to expand my CNC services I was curious how much if any interest there may be for having cabinets cut. I know most would say I can do that myself but for those who don't want to take the time or don't have the tools I thought it may be a good solution.

As someone who is looking to fill a new space with cabinets, this type of thing is very appealing to me. I don't mind banging out a cabinet or two. But if I have 4-5 of them to do, I would MUCH rather pay someone $25-$35 per sheet for the labor. And if the joinery is pretty much the same thing I would have done in my shop, I will feel good about the construction methods and treat them like any other cabinet I would make for the shop.

So Ron, we need to talk about this exact thing very soon. :)

Got it. I used to sell CNC machines in Southern California in the past (Biesse to be specific). Good luck. I also sold Giben Panel saws before Biesse, Komo rotuers, CMS and Makor finishing systems.

Just for curiosity are you doing this on a CNC router as nested base or using a beam saw plus a machining center?

In looking to expand my CNC services I was curious how much if any interest there may be for having cabinets cut. I know most would say I can do that myself but for those who don't want to take the time or don't have the tools I thought it may be a good solution.