JessEm Rout-R-Lift II

tim0625

I'm looking at purchasing a router lift.

First do you have one and would you recommend it?

BUT the new JessEm is only $119.99!! With the others that are available costing hundreds of dollars, I'm wondering if I'm missing something? Are there huge design differences that I'd be giving up by purchasing this one?

Thanks

Tim

I'm new around here and still feeling my way. I wondered the same thing about the 119.00 Jessem. Where is the info about Marc doing a video on the jessem?

Thanks

Ed

it says Marc is going to assemble his jessem router table on "upcoming events" on his website.....thewoodwhisperer.com

Gents,

I have the Mast-R-Lift that I picked up for a steal on Marc's recommendation when they were selling their made in china batch. I bought for the price (rather than need) , so I haven't had a chance to build a table & set it up yet.

As for other lifts recommendations, though they are pricy, I'm sure the Woodpeckers lifts are great. Everything the company makes seems to be Just about perfect.

Good luck setting up your router table.

Nobody's mentioned the "Guild Extra" video that Marc did on router lifts, so I will.

I have the Mast-R-Lift that I picked up for a steal on Marc's recommendation when they were selling their made in china batch. I bought for the price (rather than need) , so I haven't had a chance to build a table & set it up yet.

Me too. This is kinda embarrassing... I had the Porter Cable 690 and I hated having to crawl under the table to adjust the height, or remove the router to change bits. So, I bought the 3-1/4 HP Triton router which has a built in lift, planning to mount it permanently in my table and use the PC hand-held. But, I couldn't pass up the deal on the Mast-R-Lift. Then I couldn't decide which router to mount in my table, and which to use hand-held.

I finally decided to put the 690 and the Mast-R-Lift in my table for now, and eventually get a plate for the Triton that's the same size. That will give me the most flexibility. I'm looking for an aluminum plate that's the same size as the Mast-R-Lift, but all I can find is this phenolic one.