Speed up Polyeurothane dry time

Richiep

Hey All,
I've got a project slated for  deliver tomorrow and the finish isn't quite ready.  I'm using General Finishes Gel Topcoat Eurothane.  I applied the first coat yesterday around 3p.m., I checked it at 8a.m. this morning and it's still quite tacky.  The directions say 12-24 hour dry time...  It got quite chilly last night in the garage, around 40F.

So I'm in a bit of a pickle  I still need to apply a minimum of a second coat but it needs to be ready for delivery by tomorrow.  Is there anything I can do to speed the dry time? 

My first thoughts are to get the boards, 4 drawer faces, in our warm furnace room after the next coat.  Wait a couple hours and ad a fan.

Any other suggestions are appreciated.

Thanks!
Rich

Being it's the gel topcoat, it should be applied to the wood then rubbed in and buffed back. This type of topcoat is designed for items not requiring a lot of protection. Cool temps in the shop will slow the dry time significantly.  The gel topcoat would probably be the quickest way to go for a faster drying poly, due to how it's applied and sits on top of the wood. 

Get the piece to a warm room of 70 degrees. If the piece isn't too large, a hair dryer helps. Next-time if you're in a crunch, select a different topcoat such as a water based that dries fast. 

-Ace-