Bandsaw Guide Bearings

Keggers

The tires and guides are on but I haven't adjusted the guides yet. The guides sure look sweet! They seem to be VERY well made. The boss "requested" that I build a box to set the tree on so progress on the bandsaw is halted for a little while.  Grumble! Grumble! Grumble.

For those that already have the Carter bearings, I went to their web site and it looks like there isn’t a bearing for the back of the blade on the lower unit, only the top. And the back of the blade touches the Outside edge of the bearing and not the face, is that correct? 

20 minutes ago, K Cooper said:

For those that already have the Carter bearings, I went to their web site and it looks like there isn’t a bearing for the back of the blade on the lower unit, only the top. And the back of the blade touches the Outside edge of the bearing and not the face, is that correct? 

Ken, that might depend on the bandsaw model. Both of my guides have thrust bearings for the back of the blade that would touch in the center of the bearing.

10 hours ago, K Cooper said:

Thanks Kent. Would you mind, when you get a chance, and go to their site and check out the bearings for a Grizz 14” and see if that’s what yours look like? Appreciate it bud! 

It's really hard to tell from their dinky little picture. You might take a look at this http://www.carterproducts.com/media/wysiwyg/support/Guide_kit_review_from_NewWoodworker.pdf.

• Like 1