Need help with Bandsaw

Lewis Allison

Hi guys!, I have a shop Fox w1825 bandsaw. And I just bought a 1” Laguna resaw king blade for it. But I can’t seem to keep it from wandering towards the fence, and cut in a straight line. I have done every adjustment I know of to take away the drift, but it seem to make any difference. 

Any help would be appreciated. 

Thanks, 

Lewis 

47 minutes ago, Lewis Allison said:

Hi guys!, I have a shop Fox w1825 bandsaw. And I just bought a 1” Laguna resaw king blade for it. But I can’t seem to keep it from wandering towards the fence, and cut in a straight line. I have done every adjustment I know of to take away the drift, but it seem to make any difference. 

Any help would be appreciated. 

Thanks, 

Lewis 

Does it jump towards the fence quickly or does it take it's sweet time drifting over.?

I had a RK blade that as soon as it touched wood it wanted to take a right turn, or was it a left turn .... any way i exchanged it for a new one and it cuts laser strait.

Also if you get a RK blade that leaves a rough cut like you went after the wood with a dull beaver, it might be the brazing on a few teeth. I had a blade that developed some burs in the brazing. I took a diamond plate to it and removed them and it cuts nearly as smooth as my table saw now.

3 hours ago, Chestnut said:

Does it jump towards the fence quickly or does it take it's sweet time drifting over.?

I had a RK blade that as soon as it touched wood it wanted to take a right turn, or was it a left turn .... any way i exchanged it for a new one and it cuts laser strait.

Also if you get a RK blade that leaves a rough cut like you went after the wood with a dull beaver, it might be the brazing on a few teeth. I had a blade that developed some burs in the brazing. I took a diamond plate to it and removed them and it cuts nearly as smooth as my table saw now.

It takes about 6” to drift 1/8”. No, I’d say it leaves a pretty smooth cut...I just can’t get it to cut straight.