Router Table

WizardJ

I'm with Vic. HF has some jewels, and not so much. Typically, anything with a cord, falls in the not so much category (their are exceptions.)

If your reasoning is that other routers such as PC, Bosch, DW, ect. are too expensive. What happened when your new HF router has play in the shank, burns up, or god forbid won't hold the bit tight. If money is tight (like it is with me) can you afford to buy a router twice?

My local Woodcraft sent me an email the other day with 3HP Freud Router package on sale for 169.00. Just food for thought.

I have that 3hp Freud router in my table and it has been great. Since it is a plunge router you don't need to purchase an additional lift mechanism. This router has depth control and spindle locks that can be reached through the base (the top of the table) so bit changes are not a problem.

The only insert plate that was predrilled for this router was the one sold by Freud. Call their parts dept to buy it. All the others required me to drill the holes for the lift and lock. This was 2 years ago so there might be other plates now.

BTW - I paid $200 on eBay when I bought it.