Password recovery procedure

gee-dub

I had an interesting experience.  My password started to fail.  I tried the password recovery procedure but, never go the recovery email.  I found that there was no way to contact anyone unless you were already logged in.  We should consider adding a method of contacting Support when not logged in.  If one exists, I was unable to find it and I am generally pretty good at finding things like that ;-)  Of course, I am getting older . . . . 

Still  having trouble. Various devices, PCs and phones. Password will fail, password recovery process will fail, after many attempts over many hours password recovery will succeed and I get in like now. I am reasonably confident once I disconnect I will have to try to login again and fail. Can I get any help on this please? 

Thanks guys. I know simple credential issues can be a PITA. I got a nice email from Mark. He reset my password and was able to log in and out several times. I am also now able to log in and out several times for multiple machines and phones. I have been in I.T. since before we had Ethernet stable and so had done everything I could on my end before reaching out.  So, ghost in the machine :).  All is well. Thanks everyone for their help on such a simple thing.

BTW, has anyone in Admin tried going to the site while not logged in and looking for a way to get help if this happens to anyone else?  When the password recovery system fails to send an email, we need an alternate contact method for folks.  If I had not been able to get in by skirting the system I was not able to find a way to ask for help.  If there is one and I just didn't find it, maybe it should be more obvious . . . as always, I offer up my aging grey-matter as a root cause.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, gee-dub said:

BTW, has anyone in Admin tried going to the site while not logged in and looking for a way to get help if this happens to anyone else?  When the password recovery system fails to send an email, we need an alternate contact method for folks.  

This should be fixed now.  It sent an email but, I wasn't on the list to receive.