Tour

..Kev

Glad to see some specks of dust and detritus on the floor Kev. It looks fantastic - a great space.

It looks like you are in a dark sky site judging by the views out of the windows? Another hobby of mine is astronomy and I've recently got into deep space astrophotography. I sure wish my urban location had darker skies. We have it spoilt by LED streetlights :(

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, TerryMcK said:

It looks like you are in a dark sky site judging by the views out of the windows? Another hobby of mine is astronomy and I've recently got into deep space astrophotography. I sure wish my urban location had darker skies. We have it spoilt by LED streetlights :(

For whatever reason, I think a lot of people enjoy the two hobbies, and I include myself in that category. We're in a dark sky area outside Santa Fe, NM. Maybe it's because of our proximity to Los Alamos National Labs, but I know several woodworkers who are also into astronomy. The DeepSkyWest observatory is just a few miles east of here. If you're interested, you can use their imaging scopes via the internet. And they have some NICE equipment! 

9 hours ago, TerryMcK said:

Glad to see some specks of dust and detritus on the floor Kev. It looks fantastic - a great space.

Thanks!  It does get very dark where I'm at..  It's pretty cool to be able to see the satellites with the naked eye!  That's about as close as I get to astronomy..

As for the specs of dust, I'll work on that ;)