Which table saw to keep

rpike

My 25' x 35' shop is a bit over crowded, so I think it's time to get rid of a table saw.  Right now I'm running two table saws configured in an "L" shape, one for ripping and one for cross cutting.  One is a 3 HP PM 66 with 52" rip fence and the other is a 3 HP Jet Exacta Saw with 52" rip fence.  I don't really have need for both, but the PM 66 was just too good of a deal to pass up at $400 last year.  I've got an Excalibur sliding attachment on the Jet, but it fits any saw really.  Both saws have new motors within the last year.  Which one would you keep? 

I'm really torn as to which one to get rid of.  Selling both and buying something else is a possibility.  Both are late 90's/early 2000's models with fairly poor dust collection.  There really aren't a lot of differences between the two.  I'm not attached to either more than the other.  I'd imagine the Powermatic has a better resale value than the Jet? 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...