My new Bandsaw

ssrt3

what do you guys think i broke down and bought a new grizzly 14" band saw seems to work good on the scrap wood i used. it seems to vibrate a little bit not sure if thats normal or not. i have to read all of the instructions tonight or tomorrow, any ideas on what i could do to fix? but i do like it not the powermatic i wanted but for now its good.

post-3092-0-55557700-1298614965_thumb.jp

post-3092-0-14040800-1298615035_thumb.jp

what do you guys think i broke down and bought a new grizzly 14" band saw seems to work good on the scrap wood i used. it seems to vibrate a little bit not sure if thats normal or not. i have to read all of the instructions tonight or tomorrow, any ideas on what i could do to fix? but i do like it not the powermatic i wanted but for now its good.

Looks like a General International to me.. not a Griz, but I get your point. Congrats on the new saw. I recently have been using my Griz 14" a lot more as of lately. I find that it is becoming more versatile of a tool in my shop. I am also getting the hang of the setup and use a lot better. I find with the right tools and the right blades. Things go a lot better. Make sure to get you a few new blades to go with it. For resaw I recommend the Laguna Shear Force of a Woodslicer. For smaller stuff I would recommend the Woodslicer again or maybe Timberwolf. As for the vib, cant help you a lot with that. I have a bit of a vibe on mine that I juat kind of deal with until I take more time to investigate. I will be sure to follow this and maybe I will just fine the ambition to fix mine as well.

ya i'm a dumba$$ i meant General International gonna blame it on being tired when i wrote that.

well i have leveled the saw out and went through the whole machine to make sure everything was correct it is still have a little vibration don't know if thats just part of a band-saw or not.

going to talk with the company that sold it to me on Saturday.

post-3092-0-55557700-1298614965_thumb.jp

post-3092-0-14040800-1298615035_thumb.jp

Sweet saw, your'r gonna love it!

I have the delta 14" and I love that one now.

The saw is new? I was thinking that the drive belt could have a "memory" and the vibration is coming from that as it spins around. Also the balance of the wheels could cause that and may more likely be the culprit. Check the wheel balance and try another belt if you have one. I was thinking of a link belt if you have one and can adjust the size down to your saw and see what happens.

Anyway, I have really been using my bandsaw a lot lately and I get so tickled every time I use it. How did I ever get by so long without using it?