Recommended Posts

I went to a woodworking tool estate sale and one of the things I got was a set of drawers full of sandpaper and sanding supplies.  All sorts of blocks, paper, edge contour thingys, all sorts of handy stuff.  One of the things is a few of these little spools that look like a step bit made of 80 grit sand paper but without any spindle. Maybe 1 1/2" high and it looks to be all one piece in a big spiral.  Any idea what this is?  Is it missing pieces or is it a hand held thing?  I didn't see a spindle in the box but maybe I missed it.  I don't even know what to call it.  

Also attached a pic of the box, 10"or so wide for reference, $30 total, seemed like a good deal. 



Link to post
Share on other sites

Seems like I should have been able to come up with a name like that :rolleyes:  So it's just a drill attachment for shaping and getting in tight corners?

I'll look for a spindle. These look straight, finding replacements might be a challenge, and also not necessary since I don't know what I'd use these for with the work that I do at the moment. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 165 Guests (See full list)

    There are no registered users currently online

  • Forum Statistics

    Total Topics
    Total Posts
  • Member Statistics

    Total Members
    Most Online
    Newest Member