Festool Dust Extractor Help

Dave B.

I'm looking to upgrade my ROS to a Festool ETS EC 150/5 and also pair it with a dust extractor. I'm seeing conflicting info on the difference between the CT 15 and the CTM Midi. I know the Midi is rated M class and has bluetooth capabilities. Some sites/forums/reviews show the CT 15 as a glorified shop vac that can you can plug tools into while the Midi is designed to be paired with tools. Others just say the bluetooth and systainer capabilities are the only significant differences.

I am looking to almost exclusively use the dust extractor with the ETS EC 150/5 while sanding. So will the CT 15 paired with the sander keep my small basement shop dust free during my finishing process or is the Midi the way to go with wood dust?

If you go to FestoolUSA you can do a side by side comparison, which I did and performance wise they look almost identical.  One thing I did notice is it doesn't look like the hose on the CT 15 is static free.  If that is true I think I would be less then trilled.   After every sanding session or any other use you hose will be covered in dust.