joinery help

To anyone interested here are a few updated pics. Looking for some opinoins on how to join the legs to the table. They must be removable. As you can see i have created a pocket the same depth as the skirt 1-3/4" and will lag from 2 sides im also thinking of using two or three hardwood dowels or pegs in the top of the leg not glued just to add rigidity. I did the skirt board today with the west system epoxy today and was pleased at how the epoxy worked. I also added some sawdust and 404 filler to thicken it. I wonder how this glue compares to titebond 3 in strength? I love titebond 3 but there were way to many buiscuits and 2 breadboard end to deal with so open time just wasent there.

http://s666.photobucket.com/albums/vv25/jimmykx250/walnut%20table/

I see a three options:

1) add cross pieces to your apron that will allow you to screw your leg assembly to the top. Be sure to use oversize hole to allow for wood movement.

2) figure 8s will allow you to remove the top from the base with a few screws. This is the link to Lee Valley's figure 8s My link, but you can get them from Woodcraft and Rockler too. They might be named desk top hardware, or the like.

3) cut a groove at the inside top of your apron that will allow for clips (wood or metal). Since you already have the apron together, this process is a little harder (can't use your table saw), and you might need a new router bit.

I would use the figure 8s.

Good luck.

Doug