American Furniture Design Co?

Hey all,

I'm considering ordering some bedroom furniture plans from American Furniture Design Company. Does anyone have any experience with this company and the quality of their plans, accuracy, completeness, etc? Any feedback would be appreciated. Their website is: www.americanfurnituredsgn.com which may refresh some memories out there as to if you've heard of them and have any news to share. Thanks for your help! Bob

Hey,

I've ordered probably 7 sets of plans from them and I'm happy with what I've got. I had a messed up order once but they made it right immediately so they are good at customer support from my opinion. You will get one or two large sheet plans ( 2'x3') with measurements and a booklet with instructions to complete the project. If you are expecting several pages of detailed drawings you might be disappointed but you definitely have what you need to build the project you purchased. I've taken a couple of their plans and modified them to fit what I needed but they gave me a good basis for beginning. Which plans were you looking at I might have purchased them.

Dave

I bought some plans from them to build the Del Cover rocking chair.

I had some trouble but, it was due to my inexperience not the plans, they were full scale and good a instruction book. I did get it done and it is in the living room and all I see are the little goofs that I made. I've considered making another chair but need a new round-to-it. :rolleyes:

I got the plans in good time and was very happy with them. Go for it.

Rog

Hey,

I've ordered probably 7 sets of plans from them and I'm happy with what I've got. I had a messed up order once but they made it right immediately so they are good at customer support from my opinion. You will get one or two large sheet plans ( 2'x3') with measurements and a booklet with instructions to complete the project. If you are expecting several pages of detailed drawings you might be disappointed but you definitely have what you need to build the project you purchased. I've taken a couple of their plans and modified them to fit what I needed but they gave me a good basis for beginning. Which plans were you looking at I might have purchased them.

Dave

Dave,

Thanks for the reply! I appreciate the feedback. It makes feel a little better knowing about the quality of their plans.

I'm considering ordering the Mission Bed and Night Stand w/the hardware kit PN:236PH-BR and the Mission Dresser w/the hardware kit PN:AFD-285PH

Bob

I bought some plans from them to build the Del Cover rocking chair.

I had some trouble but, it was due to my inexperience not the plans, they were full scale and good a instruction book. I did get it done and it is in the living room and all I see are the little goofs that I made. I've considered making another chair but need a new round-to-it. :rolleyes:

I got the plans in good time and was very happy with them. Go for it.

Rog

Rog,

Thanks for the feedback. I appreciate you taking the time. It will certainly help me make a decision.

Bob

Dave,

Thanks for the reply! I appreciate the feedback. It makes feel a little better knowing about the quality of their plans.

I'm considering ordering the Mission Bed and Night Stand w/the hardware kit PN:236PH-BR and the Mission Dresser w/the hardware kit PN:AFD-285PH

Bob

I did order the mission nightstand as well as the Aurora nightstand. I ended up building the Aurora because I went with a Greene and Greene style bed but the plans we both great.

Dave