Miter Saw Bench

BillyJack

I’ve got an Makita LS 1030. I replaced the saw with a 10” Makita slider. I put it up for sale a couple years ago in a yard sale and no bites. The saw is good and true. I have enough room in my miter bench to put two saws side by side. When doing kitchen cabinet frames, door parts, drawer parts, etc, your just chopping. Only thing I need is an additional tape.

The saw just sits in the floor in my way. At least in the bench it wouldn’t be. Might as well use the cheaper miter saw like a work horse and the slider for depth and angles when needed..

Any reason not too?

• Like 1

I rarely use the mortiser anymore, but when I need it I have to pull it out and set up a place so I often eliminate it from the equation. Hopefully getting the mortiser where it is usable anytime will put new projects in my woodworking loop. Hopefully I can get power outlet close by. 

Ive got a Dewalt 708 that would have been nice in the bench, but I keep it for portable work.Now that is a saw that is a PITA to move and set up.

• Like 2

• 6 months later...