My Pocket Machine Build

GlennL

On 3/24/2023 at 4:49 PM, legenddc said:

Amazing that you put it all together without a plan to go off of and got the geometry as close as you did the first time. Very cool!

The geometry was my biggest fear. I did have to move the 3/4" shaft that the handle pivots on. Fortunately it was only a couple inches, and easily fixed with a couple 3/4" dowel plugs!!! :lol:

I also shortened the overall length by 5". That I kinda expected...I figured it was easier to shorten it than stretch it!

• Like 1

On 3/30/2023 at 10:47 AM, BillyJack said:

Turned out nice.There have been several taken off the Castle pocket hole machine..

Ive been wanting to add mine into the  table saw out feed table  , so it’s out of the way..

The tricky part would be dealing with the router that drills the "screw hole", as it sits above the tabletop surface.

On 3/30/2023 at 10:48 AM, Von said:

Very impressive! Thanks for sharing.

Thanks...it's been working out really well!

• Like 1

On 3/30/2023 at 11:04 AM, BillyJack said:

Castle use the PC  310. Looks like you used the PC 7310. This would be cheaper  and better as it was getting expensive replacement for  the  Castle for the PC 310 replacement. 

I used what I had. The PC router was not being used, same for the router I used for the pocket. At least they are earning their keep again!!!! LOL

On 3/30/2023 at 11:08 AM, BillyJack said:

How are you using it on “cabinet side panels”

Are you making pocket hole boxes?

Yes...That's why I made the table top the size I did, to make cutting pockets in panels easier. I have a long handle I swap in when working on panels.

Long Handle.jpg

• 4 months later...