I am happy to report.......

Nick2cd

...that a tip i read on here a while back worked perfectly as planned. What was the tip, you ask? It was the "vinegar softens titebond 3 enough to get it off the clamps you forgot to cover" tip. It worked beautifully. The first time i used my bessey parallel clamps, i forgot to cover them with packing tape. i didn't wax them. i didn't do anything. i just glued up a cutting board and was left with a mess of glue spots that adhered surprisingly well to metal. so today, i finally said that enough was enough. i soaked several paper towels in plain white vinegar. i then wrapped the clamp bars with the vinegar soaked paper towels. next i covered all of that in plastic saran wrap (to hold in the moisture). i let it soak for approximately 1 hour.....and voila! the glue that wouldn't budge an hour ago easily melts right off with almost no effort at all. i have to say, i was skeptical that this would work as it did. but to my surprise, it couldn't have worked any better. i dried the bars off and liberally applied a coat of johnson's paste wax. as a bonus, the wax made the clamps operate much smoother than before. thanks again to whoever posted that tip on here!

I'm thinking that was Alen in Ohio (the punctured and bleeding avatar :))

Wonder if the resulting drippings would make a nice salad dressing...

Dunno if it was me or not but I've definitely used vinegar to remove dried Titebond III from my clamps.

I also, being the lazy bastard that I am, wasted $8 on a bottle of "De-Glue Goo." The instructions for use were much the same as using straight vinegar - apply liberally to dried glue, let it soak, then scrape.

When I opened the bottle to use it I found it was a viscous clear solution that smelled like... wait for it...

vinegar.

Duh.