Kintaro Yazawa Inspired M&T joinery

Hi Vic

I left 3/16" Plenty of wood for strength yet thin enough to file and refine shape without any problems.

Thanks, Dale. Good info when I do an Osowski inspired/Kintaro Yazawa inspired joint...Kinda like doing an impression of a person doing an impression of another person. :)

Thanks, Dale. Good info when I do an Osowski inspired/Kintaro Yazawa inspired joint...Kinda like doing an impression of a person doing an impression of another person. :)

I think I'll carve leaves for my next joinery adventure. Maple leaves for the maple bench and cherry leaves for the cherry bench.

I just went to Kintaro Yazawa's website and I salute you to follow his inspiration. This looks extremely difficult.

Thanks Bobby

The level of difficulty for this joint I would rate as moderate, patience plays a major role. What was a bit of a challenge was to carve the butterflies trough the top at the precise 9 deg angle of the legs.

IMG_5358.jpg

Your studio makes me very jealous ... :lol:

It sill needs some work. I have one wall cleared up for a tool wall but I haven't got around to building it yet. It a small space but very comfortable to work in. The large window area in front of the bench is nice to have but it can be a distraction at times.