Router fences

wooddog9425

Just to be clear, you are building an extension table to a table saw and putting a router table in it?

Yes. The table saw is an older craftsman model, with wings that's been retrofitted with a Delta T2 fence. The T2 fence extends beyond the wings to the right side of the table saw. The extension table/router table fits in this position. The entire assembly is on a mobile base. I've attached a pic of the unit.post-4322-0-39483000-1301355514_thumb.jp

On another note, I've made a mistake with the router table, and some advice would be appreciated there as well.

The router table/table saw extension is constructed of 2 pieces of 3/4 inch MDF. I've laminated the top and four edges, but (sadly) when I cut the router table plate, I botched one edge, leaving a gap (pic included). I planned to laminate the backside. Would I be better off to try cutting another rabbet for the plate on the backside, leave my mistake "as is," fill the gap with bondo/wood filler, or start over from scratch?

Thanks for the guidance guys!post-4322-0-07791900-1301355717_thumb.jp

why not make your own fence? Come up with a fence you could clamp to you TS fence for example. There are lots of samples out there if ya cruise the net to give you some ideas on how what to make.

The basics are height of the fence. Mine is about 6"-8" high with a T channel in it to attach a feather board. You'll want good dust collection too.

Some folks like a split fence, some like a one piece fence.

Anyway use your imagination and make it yours