Need new work bench

My work bench has had it, so I was thinking of making the one Mark made,,,,, "The torsion bench, with base". I got thinking that I mite want a solid bench top, but the cost it too much, and I do see Mark use his all the time.

I want my bench top to be about 4'x6' and want do you all think? The torsion would be nice, flat, strong, and the cost would be what I can afford. If I went with a butcher block type, (I think I would like better) then I would have to find some wood and make it my self... hoping to get it flat and so on and so on.

So you are thinking more in in the line of 'assembly table' than a 'bench'? You you are going to go with something in the size of 4'x6', I think that a torsion top would be the way to go. I think that a butch board type might be more of a pain than it is worth. Also it would weigh a fricken ton!! But you also need to ask what you want to do on this top. Do you want dog holes? Do you want to mount a vise on it? You will have to plan for these kinds of things..

So you are thinking more in in the line of 'assembly table' than a 'bench'? You you are going to go with something in the size of 4'x6', I think that a torsion top would be the way to go. I think that a butch board type might be more of a pain than it is worth. Also it would weigh a fricken ton!! But you also need to ask what you want to do on this top. Do you want dog holes? Do you want to mount a vise on it? You will have to plan for these kinds of things..

Yes I will have dog holes so I plan on having the cones filled for the dog support.