GMC Air Compressors - (Quiet compressor suggestions?)

rickoman

I was looking for a QUIET low capacity air compressor, primarily for my brad and pin nailer in my home shop. I ran across these GMC Air Compressors which are rated at 60db (about the same as normal voice conversation). Almost too good to be true -- does anyone have any experience with these? It's a 1hp with 2.35 CFM at 90 PSI, that should be enough for those two nailers, right?

I am open to other compressor suggestions, these also seemed to be popular but louder (and a bit cheaper). Was hoping to tap into some first hand experience here on the forum. Is there other features I should be considering besides noise, size and cfm?

The GMC Air Compressors are all around 60db.

The DeWalt D55140 is 69db.

The Senco PC1010 is 69db.

The Makita MAC2400 is 79db.

Thanks for the help in advance!

--Rick

An interesting YouTube video comparison here I found on the GMC site.

Rick, I bought a Maxus Aluminum X-Lite and I love it. Because of the aluminum tanks, I don't need to worry about corrosion. This thing easily kept up with me while nailing sheeting. Although without looking up the receipt, I can't tell you exactly what I paid, but I know it wasn't anywhere near this price http://www.amazon.com/EX8016-Gallon-Aluminum-Twinstack-Compressor/dp/accessories/B0013N1674

Here's a short review. http://www.amazon.com/EX8016-Gallon-Aluminum-Twinstack-Compressor/dp/accessories/B0013N1674

I bought a hand cart from Harbor Freight that is the permanent home for the compressor. So, if I need to put air in a tire in the garage, I can easily wheel it in there, or wherever it's needed.

• 4 months later...