Cyclone Question

Keggers

I have a question concerning the collection drum on my 3hp cyclone. Is there a problem with putting a heavy duty garbage bag in the collection barrel to make it easier to empty? Someone told me that they thought it would get sucked up but I'm thinking all the air would be downward. I'll have my new cyclone up and running in a day or so and I was wondering about the garbage bag issue. Thanks for your help.

i saw a tip in one of the woodworking mags the guy took some wire hardware fabric and made into a hoop just smaller than his recepticle put his garbage bag in the recepticle and than the hoop when the recepticle was full he just eases out the hoop and you have a bag o'dust.

The collection drum is under vacuum so the bag will get sucked up if there isn't enough material in it.

Thanks to everyone who responded. I found that Grizzly sells a bag holder for my 55gal drum and have ordered it. It's basically a cylinder with handles that fits inside the drum which holds the bag down. It will make emptying the drum alot easier.

Here's the link in case anyone is interested. http://www.grizzly.com/products/Bag-Holder-for-55-Gallon-Cyclone-Drum/H8174

Thanks to everyone who responded. I found that Grizzly sells a bag holder for my 55gal drum and have ordered it. It's basically a cylinder with handles that fits inside the drum which holds the bag down. It will make emptying the drum alot easier.

Yea Keggers, when my dust barrel is empty, cyclone compressed the piece of 8" hose and lifts the barrel up off the ground. Lots of suction right there.