Walnut and maple bar type thing.

mpatrick

All right I am nervously posting this, I know its not that best or anything like that,but I am proud of this one I can see where my skills have grown over the past year or so. This the largest project I have completed thus far. It took me about 2 months or so to get it done, there was lots of second guessing and do overs. It's a wedding gift for one of my good friends, he and his fiance really like it, so that's worth something right. There where lots of first in this project for me, it was the first time building doors, working with expensive ply, first time I didn't wing it from beginning to end. I want to thank marc and all the forum members that helped when I had questions about my finish. I am not happy with the finish on the top but I had to get it out of my shop before my friends fiance killed him for having all his pint glasses on the kitchen counter. I think I can go over there and knock down the finish one more time after it has cured for a while.

post-3784-0-81126900-1307544539_thumb.jp

post-3784-0-15839200-1307544566_thumb.jp

looks great to me. If your friends like it - well that's all you need to know. Good to hear about all the firsts, always good to push your skills a little.

The more I do projects the more I find that getting the finish right is the real trick. I have to say I've rarely been happy with a finish but then in my house it seems I'm the only one bothered about it.

Thanks for the pictures

It is very,very nice..I like the choice in woods you selected as they go well together..I'm never to happy with my finishes either,but I'm the only one that notices it...Your

giving your friends a really nice gift and, if they like it that's all that matters as you had stated...

Scott

AJ- I think I would have liked to put some curves on the sides and on the toe kick area, and inset the doors and drawer.

Chet- the finish on the top just looks to thick, which just doesn't look right with the walnut grain structure. I believe my application was at fault here not the product i used. Which was arm-r-seal.

thanks to everyone for the kind words.