how can i add pictures to my gallery

duckkisser

Even though its under 4MB it still may be too large. What's the exact file size? I can't remember exactly what I set the Gallery at, but anything over 1MB per pictures is too large.

Its alittle over 3 ill have to figure out how to shrink the pic. I just finished a box that makes me think of a tree made out of marble and i want to show it off. If anyone knows how to do it would be great.

Its alittle over 3 ill have to figure out how to shrink the pic. I just finished a box that makes me think of a tree made out of marble and i want to show it off. If anyone knows how to do it would be great.

if you are using Windows 7, all that you have to do is right click the picture and click edit. In that program you resize pics. a good size for the forum is about 800x600.. hope this helps.

if you are using Windows 7, all that you have to do is right click the picture and click edit. In that program you resize pics. a good size for the forum is about 800x600.. hope this helps.

Ok ill try that its vista but i think it has a rezising tool nice toknow the size ill need

0) Download and install http://www.irfanview.com/ (it's free for private, non-commercial use)

1) Open the first photo in the folder with it.

2) Now you can begin working with that photo. I generally want to crop the photo the first thing I do (like cutting down the waste with your table saw). Just hold down the mouse button and draw a square around the part you want to keep. It can be adjusted after it's drawn, just grab the line and pull it the way you want.

When you feel the crop is right, press [Ctrl] + [Y] (or click Edit > Crop Selection).

3) Now let's resize the image so it's more fit for posting OnLine, press [Ctrl] + [R] (or click Image > Resize/resample).

What to resize the photo to depends on what you want to use it for but for general web-use i just type in 750 in the Width-box under "Set new size:". Make sure the "Preserve aspect ratio"-box is checked (it should be by default) or the photo will get warped. Hit OK.

4) When that's done you can make a quick auto-tune of the color by pressing [shift] + (or click Image > Auto adjust colors). If it's not an improvement just press [Ctrl] + [Z] to undo (or click Edit > Undo).

5) Save the photo as a new copy by pressing (or clicking File > Save as...).

6) Press [Page Down] to go to the next photo in the folder (or click the blue arrows), repeat from step 2 until all photos are done.

7) Upload the edited photos and post away!

This might sound like it's complicated but once you've learned the keyboard shortcuts it's mayhaps the fastest tool for this kind of work - ever. And the little crop and color corrections often rescues those snap-shots that turned out not so good. It can also do a lot of other neat tricks like manual color corrections, batch processing whole folders, etc. etc..

0) Download and install http://www.irfanview.com/ (it's free for private, non-commercial use)

1) Open the first photo in the folder with it.

2) Now you can begin working with that photo. I generally want to crop the photo the first thing I do (like cutting down the waste with your table saw). Just hold down the mouse button and draw a square around the part you want to keep. It can be adjusted after it's drawn, just grab the line and pull it the way you want.

When you feel the crop is right, press [Ctrl] + [Y] (or click Edit > Crop Selection).

3) Now let's resize the image so it's more fit for posting OnLine, press [Ctrl] + [R] (or click Image > Resize/resample).

What to resize the photo to depends on what you want to use it for but for general web-use i just type in 750 in the Width-box under "Set new size:". Make sure the "Preserve aspect ratio"-box is checked (it should be by default) or the photo will get warped. Hit OK.

4) When that's done you can make a quick auto-tune of the color by pressing [shift] + (or click Image > Auto adjust colors). If it's not an improvement just press [Ctrl] + [Z] to undo (or click Edit > Undo).

5) Save the photo as a new copy by pressing (or clicking File > Save as...).

6) Press [Page Down] to go to the next photo in the folder (or click the blue arrows), repeat from step 2 until all photos are done.

7) Upload the edited photos and post away!

This might sound like it's complicated but once you've learned the keyboard shortcuts it's mayhaps the fastest tool for this kind of work - ever. And the little crop and color corrections often rescues those snap-shots that turned out not so good. It can also do a lot of other neat tricks like manual color corrections, batch processing whole folders, etc. etc..

Sounds good ill check this out thaks for step by step........and i imagined puting computer on table saw to crop a picture