Marc, You made me laugh!

ChetlovesMer

Okay Marc,

One thing that separates your videos from the rest of the woodworking world is that it seems like you throw in jokes or gags that are targeted right at me. Your little gags about how Norm pronounces stuff, even the silly puns in the titles of the videos. Anyway, I always chuckle at those and your sense of humor seems to be exactly in line with mine.

Having said that I have to say the Micheal Jackson bit in the Mortiser Video almost made coffee come out my nose. You probably fall into one of two categories: Either you wonder if anyone appreciates your humor, or you don't care if anyone appreciates it and you and Nicole do the gags in your videos for you own sake. Anyway, I just wanted you to know that I appreciate it. They nearly all make me chuckle, but the MJ thing made me laugh out loud.

Just wanted you to know.

Keep up the good work.

I enjoy Marc's humor as well. All of the above comments and I also like the skits he throws in, even Nicole jumps in every now and then. I find myself looking for bloopers at the end of the videos, they are a hoot. Keep up the great work Marc, don't change your style.

haha thanks guys! Pretty much every joke and skit has to make Nicole laugh. If it does, its "funny enough" for the show. For most things, I'll usually describe the setup to Nicole and explain what I'm going to do. If she looks at me with a blank stare, I know I'm on the wrong track. :) But its very nice to hear you guys appreciate it.

Here's a little behind the scenes info for ya. In the past, the funny stuff was much easier, primarily because Nicole would occasionally help me film. In recent years, I've been doing all the work solo. Apparently my "natural" goofiness is tied to other people being around me. I liken it to watching a funny movie or TV show. You always laugh MORE when friends and family are laughing with you. So it has been a bit of a mental shift in the past years to "pretend" I have someone around who I can make laugh. I should also add that the outtakes will only happen if Nicole is in the room. No matter how hard I try, I can't seem to make a mistake funny when I'm alone. Instead, it usually involves cursing and self-loathing. Maybe I'll save bunch of those to show you a REAL outtakes reel one day, ha!

haha thanks guys! Pretty much every joke and skit has to make Nicole laugh. If it does, its "funny enough" for the show. For most things, I'll usually describe the setup to Nicole and explain what I'm going to do. If she looks at me with a blank stare, I know I'm on the wrong track. :) But its very nice to hear you guys appreciate it.

Here's a little behind the scenes info for ya. In the past, the funny stuff was much easier, primarily because Nicole would occasionally help me film. In recent years, I've been doing all the work solo. Apparently my "natural" goofiness is tied to other people being around me. I liken it to watching a funny movie or TV show. You always laugh MORE when friends and family are laughing with you. So it has been a bit of a mental shift in the past years to "pretend" I have someone around who I can make laugh. I should also add that the outtakes will only happen if Nicole is in the room. No matter how hard I try, I can't seem to make a mistake funny when I'm alone. Instead, it usually involves cursing and self-loathing. Maybe I'll save bunch of those to show you a REAL outtakes reel one day, ha!

I'm sure we can come up with a list of local (to you) woodworkers who would be happy to hang out while you film -- purely for the good of all -- I mean we certainly don't want your videos to turn stale or humorless when pretending someone is there starts to fail -- not that I think that would ever happen but, why risk it?). Let me be the first to make the *sacrifice" and volunteer :rolleyes:

I agree with the previous comments. However, the one I still remember as being the classic Wood Whisperer video is the introductory part to “The King and His Castle”. Oh, and I might add the beginning of “Refinishing (Pt.1)”, and maybe….

Wait till you see what we're cooking up for the first baby-related project on that show! There's some thought going into this one, which is a scary thing. :)

I ditto this, entertainment-wrapped teaching - yay! I'm in the process of seeing all the videos from start, when I'm done with that I can definitely see a Guild-membership.

Pretty much every joke and skit has to make Nicole laugh. If it does, its "funny enough" for the show.

Perhaps you can hire Mike Van Pelt as a sidekick in case things get slow?

If that does not ring a bell, look five minutes into this: http://thewoodwhisperer.com/episode-9-off-to-the-wood-show-pt2/ :lol: