Wall hung cabinet

AlanWilley

This was a recent commision I was asked to build. It had to match the kitchen units already fitted.

fittedcloseup.jpg

The main carcass is made from MRMDF with the face frame and door frames made from poplar.

Carcasefit.jpg

fittedwindowside-1.jpg

I had to rout a bead T&G detail on the sides to match the unit below it. All of the unit is painted in AC lacquer and the cornice is made in Pine with a stained and varnished finish. Two removable shelves were also fitted inside and the whole lot is hung on the wall with a french cleat.

Are those beads routed in the center of the panels? My home has a repeated motif of three beads, often in the center of a panel, and I can't figure out how to route them using a router. I assume that they were originally made using a molding cutter on a table saw, or something similar.

How did you do it? And, can I see some closeups of the beads?

Very impressive work!

Sorry Beechwood I haven't any close ups of the side panels. I can tell you though that I cut it into pieces and cut them on my router table. I used a bead cutter with a chamfer on first on one side and then turned the pieces over and used a rebate cutter for the overlap. So in effect each piece had a half lap joint on opposite sides similar to a T&G joint. I then glued them together again and cut the panels to length. It was easier to do than explain actually. Hope this helps.