Harbor Freight Dust collector going bad

TITANIUMSYNDICATE

So I think my HF dust collector motor might be going out. I noticed that the circuit breaker had popped so I went and reset it. By the time I got my hearing protection back on it had popped again. So I started to look at my equipment and my HF dust collector motor was hot as hell! The chord that goes from the motor to the outlet was too hot to touch, but the wire in the wall was cool to the touch. So the problem is in the motor right? I just bought this dust collector a couple of months ago and it has been a great dust collector up till now. Any ideas on fixing this problem? Anyone else had this problem? I know it’s a Harbor Freight but I have never heard anything bad about their dust collectors. Please let me know what you guys think.

Ty

Thanks for the responses, The model is the 2 HP one. I checked when I bought it and it was last December, only seems like a couple of months. And I did not buy the extended warranty. Damm.

http://www.harborfreight.com/2-hp-industrial-5-micron-dust-collector-97869.html

• 1 month later...