Bandsaw Table Issue

Eric.

I bought a new bandsaw a few weeks ago. Brought it home, put 'er together, and found that the table was pretty warped where they cut the slot to get the blade in and out...the two wings just wouldn't line up. Even after I drove the pin in so hard that I could barely get it back out, one side was still about 1/16 or 3/32 higher than the other.

So I sent it back, and they sent me a new one. Same problem, except this time it's only maybe a 1/32 or even 1/64 discrepancy. Worst spots are right at the insert and at the outer edge of the table near the pin. It's not high enough to catch on material when doing a rip cut, but rough stock run cross-cut does seem to grab the high spots just a little.

So my question is how flat is flat enough?  It's a bandsaw...probably not critical.  Just curious where everyone else draws the line on QC issues like this.  If it were a jointer, no question it'd be going back.

I would call their customer service back and notify them. They have been very responsive to me. I think you'll get an answer you'll like. I wouldn't live with an issue on a new machine that could cause a catch in the workpiece and create an unsafe condition.