Dewalt DW733 XE dust hood

davestanton

Hi there. I dragged my old thickness planer out to shake off the cobwebs and then realised how long it is since I have used it. After I freed the sliding cutter-head on the posts I changed the blades and generally gave it a good clean and vacuumed all the junk out of it. Looks almost like new 15 years on!

Here is the problem. I don't have the dust chute and don't know if I ever did. I used to mount the machine on the back of my tabletop and just sweep the chips off and into the garden. Now that I am becoming civilized courtesy of Marc I am thinking a chute would be nice. Where the heck can I find one? :blink:

Here’s a link that pulled up various suppliers who advertise the DW733 dust hood. However, some say the part is obsolete or no longer available from the manufacturer, but some don’t. I’m not sure if the ones that don’t have updated their website recently. I guess you’d need to email those particular ones and get availability and shipping cost to Australia. I don’t know how many unsold dust hoods there are out there, but you might find one yet.

Dave - is this what you're looking for? Never been used....manual is still in the plastic wrap.

I had bought this many moons ago when my plan was to get a 733. Getting a house put a crimp on a lot of my plans, and years later I ended up gertting a 735.

Edit: Dave, I just checked US Postal service ($58) and UPS (anywhere from $174 to $234).....I'm not sure it'd be cost effect for me to ship to Australia.

Does anyone have any experience shipping packages from the US to Australia?

post-5094-0-36669000-1320017104_thumb.jp

Just when I was set to give John the go ahead to post his over to me, I found the last "new" chute in Australia. Thanks for the help guys. It really is a nice little plane. Now I will have to buy a drum sander with power feed, lol.

I absolutely love finding old gear that was much used and has resurfaced after many years.