Small Shop & Machine Heavy (Caster Suggestions)

Stephens_Shop

I have a single car garage minus the car (that was the deal and my wife agreed so long as I build a car port). I have the following:

Table saw

Band saw

6" Jointer

13" Plainer

Drill Press

Mortiser

Router table

Dust collection system

Shop vac

Chop saw

Ocsilating sander

So... everything is on casters and I have to do a lot of rubix cubing to get the right tool for the job into the open space. my problem:

I am about to build a new work bench but it needs a good get of casters that will allow it to rest on its feet when I use it. It will be quite heavy probably 300-450 lbs. Any good casters to suggest?

I will also add a lathe in a year and it will be heavy as well and will need to rest on it's own feet when using not locked wheels.

Need a solution someone else has tested and approves casters for heavy stable stations like the workbench and lathe... Any suggestions?

Stephen.

I have basically the same set-up as you, and I prefer to use urethane wheel casters on the heavy tools because they will not develop a flat spot when the tool sets in the same spot for a long time. Hard plastic or hard rubber casters will flatten out over time and make it much harder to move the tool around after a while.