Modern Woodworkers Association (on Long Island)

Dyami Plotke

For anyone who doesn't know, there are a bunch of great woodworkers in the Atlanta area that get together once a month for breakfast at a diner and then a trip to the local woodcraft.

After a few meetings, Chris Adkins, the organizer of the group, brought in online and started the Modern Woodworker's Association. You can check out the mission statement to see what the MWA is all about it, but to sum it up, it's a group looking to leverage online woodworking friends into friends who see each other in real life too.

I'm an Administrator at ModernWoodworker's Association, and I'm working to build a Long Island chapter. If you're on the Island (or near any other existing chapter) and have any interest in a monthly gathering/woodworking outing, please let me know via comments here or via my contact info at the MWA site.

If you're interested in joining the Modern Woodworker's Association and don't live near an existing chapter, just let Chris Adkins or me know. We're always looking for new chapters.